Great News! Pugwash Nursery are able to offer 30 hours of funded placement for your 3-4 year olds, if you are eligible through meeting the Government Criteria, as follows:
Parents of three and four year olds will need to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for 30 hours free childcare:
• They earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months
• This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year
• This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract
• The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work
• Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave
• Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work
• Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months
• If one or both parents is a non-EEA national, the parent applying must have recourse to public funds
A parent will not meet the criteria when:
• Either parent has an income of more than £100,000
• If one or both parents is a non-EEA national and the parent applying does not have recourse to public funds
Please note that in order to claim your funding you must register before 1st September. Late applications will not receive funding until after January 2018.
In order to be able to meet the demand of our families and parents we have undertaken a review of our current session times and fees. We have looked closely at how we can continue to provide affordable high quality childcare, knowing that fees have not increased for 2 years.
These changes come into effect from 1st September 2017.
We will no longer be accepting new places out of term time but are keen to explore the possibility of holiday clubs if there is enough demand.
Early Years Education Entitlement (EYEE)